Grim dark future Firefight campaign

• After taking a look at the one page rules for sci-fi skirmish I came across the campaign rules that allow players to start with a warband and build them up over the course of a few games, which I want to try out this sunday if anyone is up for it.

The rules are in the link below

Fire fight rules and army lists

All we need to start is a warband the recommended size is 150pts and no more than 3 heroes.

The first mission will fittingly be the

training arena were all the warbands will meet with the aim of controlling more strategic objectives than any other warbands in the arena.

If you fancy playing pull together a 150pt force and let me know.

Mitch.

• My 200pts Havoc Bros list is sorted, we are a mighty army of 4!!!!!.

Found the ten page army list covering all the Necromunda gangs for this system interesting to, so I have printed them and will have a read another time, might encourage me to get the Escher and Goliath gangs painted at some point.

• Managed to squeeze a force of 5 elite guardsmen into the emperor's finest strike team.

I will print the rules and some sheets so people can track warband experience , keep track of any injuries and bonuses should we decide we want to run this as an ongoing campaign.

Private Hudson seems particularly hyped, running around yelling "game over man" although this could be taken a number of ways🤔

• The planetary governor had been clear in his orders to commander Chak Nurris, despite the presence of marauding orks all across this sector of Vercilous Prime, he was to lead his strike force into the ruined tech plant and access the data node retrieving any data that could help the embattled defence force against the green tide.

Approaching the plant from the south there had been little resistance, Nurris waived Cpl Hudson forward the veteran levelling his trusty plasma gun as he stalked forward before raising a single hand stopping the advance of the strike team.

Gazing into the distance stood atop of a service platform stood a darkened armoured figure, not squat enough to be one of the marauding orks, Hudson knew well enough that this was no ally to the emperor and levelling his plasma gun dropped the armoured figure in a single shot.

o

Turning to the rest of the strike team, Hudson had barely yelled back "chaos filth, take...." as three heavy lead shots ripped apart his carapice armour knocking him to the ground.

Further to the north the sound of fighting had attracted the attention of a prowling warboss and his shaman, "skinny ummies and them black spikey boyz, looks like they is after the shiny talky gubbinz...they ain't havin it without a good krumpin".

Heading towards the tech plant the warboss and shaman caught sight of the chaos lord and sorcerer and headed off for a bit of spikey ummie bashing but not before releasing a mighty waaaaaghhh, the signal for two more ork kommando's to enter the battle.

The first boy fired up his pack landing squarely on the data node atop the factory and frantically bashing the buttons was able to extract the first data set.

The second boy overshot the factory landing behind the ummies strike team.

Calling in their own reinforcements Cpl vasquez appeared atop the roof next to the data node laying down enough fire to drop the large ork, whilst Cpl Apone advanced into the building.

Commander Nurris, dropped back and eventually dispatched the second ork kommando, but his teams advance on the data node was being seriously hindered.

Across the other side of the battlefield, sensing the chance of a good fight the warboss charged the spikey ummies and a bitter close combat ensued.

With the ork kommandos dealt with, Commander Nurris paused and looked to the sky, a strange crack of lightning streaked across the sky and struck the battle grid to the east, he could just make out in the burnt out ruins the movements of another foul lord of chaos apparantley summoned by the ongoing conflict. He heard a brief war cry of a solitary ork followed by a blood curdling death howl, how the foolish greenskin believed he could beat such a beast is beyond comprehension.

Nurris turned sprinting forward thinking how careless the greenskin had been, distracted in the moment failing to see the dark armoured figure lurking in the distance as a lead round struck him in the face shattering his eye socket as he collapsed to the ground.

As the mortal combat continued between the champions of chaos and the ork warboss, somewhere from the warp a voice reached out into the chaos warbands commanders mind, "it is within reach", sensing his masters will the warlord looked round grasping at a glowing crystal that had been partially buried in the ruins before disappearing in a haze of dark energy.

Across the top of the tech plant the ork kommando stood to hos feet as Cpl Apone and Vasquez levelled their guns and with combined fire finally took down the ork and getting access to the data node.

With the chaos warband disappearing as quickly as they had arrived and the ummies in control of the tech plant and data node the battle was over.

The defence force had achieved a victory, but the presence of the chaos powers and strong ork resistance in the sector can not be tolerated.

Looking across the data node it appeared the orks where able to access enough information to obtain co-ordinates of crashed imperial supply ships, supplies that must not be allowed to fall into their green skin hands.

Wincing into fragments of glass Nurris peered with his one remaining eye at the shattered features of his face, spitting on the ground, he curses the chaos filth, "one good eye is all I need to do the emperors duty".

As the chaos warlord observed the weak humans from the distance a voice reached out into his mind, "the first artifact is secure, but you need greater strength to be a true servant, watch them they know the path".

A great first game of the one page rules, and some really fun moments, Thanks to Will and Craig and also Rik stepping up to provide some halftime ork decapitatting fun.

The rules were simple and the game quick, I would like to run some more games and have a few missions ready if anyone fancies joining in let me know.