• Hello,

I'm a long time modeller, basic painter, and roll and laugh game player.

My habit started with visiting Games Workshop Preston as a kid and despite quiet years, there are busy gaming years

I was a regular member at Chorley & Coppul Knights for years (aka CACK) but I haven't been there since I bought and renovated a house in Winstanley. This also meant I had no space to model and paint. Turns out that's taken 3 years...

I've just been to visit a friend and we Oldhammered a Rogue Trader skirmish with Imp Guard vs Marines Vs a roaming dinosaur. We also managed a Terminator vs Genestealer Horde. I haven't laughed so much in years.

It seems the CACK website is down, I doubt they've stopped, but it's a little hard to contact them without my old phone.

Then I remembered I'd avoided a Wigan Club because I always ran pubs.. So weekends were not gaming nights for me.

I now work shifts, but it turns also turns out I could walk to St Aidens from my door.

Games I have played regularly:

40k I've played every edition. I still prefer Rogue Trader for its mass of options. I have the latest rules, but haven't played them.

Warmaster Ancients
    Bloodbowl - I have the old living rulebook
    Necromunda
    Super Dungeon Explore - a game I try to get non gamers into!
    Hordes/Warmachine

I'm.awaiting the new Kill team boxed set when GW reprints it, If I don't like the game I like the models.

However I'm.equally happy playing Carcassone. And I miss having a Go opponent.

I'll give most games a try, but I hate constantly rechecking rules, I do like command rolls, resource management, and players who can agree rules on the fly.

Winning isn't as fun as a fun game you win.

Painting and modelling wise I've sold off a lot of memories and models and books to pay for the house. My key fascination is building to my imagination.

But that still leaves me a lifetime of models to paint, and unfinished scenery ideas. More than anything attending a club again might give me some focus.

Thanks for reading. Hopefully I can pop over Sunday.

Shaun a.k.a. Ming

• Greetings Shaun/Ming and welcome.

We play all of those games and more. Currently the favourites are what you see on the forums, with Wigan Bowl V (Blood Bowl) starting in the new year and plans are being made for small campaigns (in 15mm if that’s your thing) of Songs of Blades and Heroes, and Mutants and Death Ray Guns.

Be aware however, that Friday night is when the cool kids play, with all kinds of boardgaming and tabletop mayhem.

The Sunday crowd just like to wear gimp suits and kiss each other on the lips.

Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons, and lost on the gallows, than have ever been enshrined in palaces.

• Hi Shaun

As Dave has mentioned there is a map on the forums home page. We are tucked away round the back of St.Aidens. The gate to the hall is just past the recycling bins though the small compound gates on the left. There is a big green shipping container in the compound so you will know your in the right place.

Craig