Dragon Rampant

• Dave and myself tried out Dragon Rampant last week.....Dave having his own actually painted Undead and me finally having enough WHFB empire figures painted.

We tried a straight forward 24 point battle.

The two forces faced off, Dave boasting about his undead rule (moral of zero....so no routing). In a further effort to improve our game play and dice rolls we tried out a dice tower. Dave immediately proved he is terrible at all dude rolls!!.

Both forces maneuvered/shuffled forwards. My pistoliers drawing Dave's elite cavalry out in a wild charge.....they paid for this but did reduce the Skeleton cavalry to half strength!!!

My musketeers chipped away at Dave's skeletons....Dave soon stopped bragging about his undead rule as all my hits were rounded up!!!

My spearmen formed a wall of spears just in time to be attacked by Dave's skeletons. They beat them off easily, whilst the cavalry were seen off by my musketeers.

Dave's necromancer and general charged into my light troops .....this was the charge that would turn it around he claimed!!!

This was pretty much game over, the skeletons suffering a second death.

It was a good test game to see how different units perform the skeletons clearly need zombie support .......to soak up the missiles!!!

A victory for me, even if I did break the club rule about letting Dave win the first game of a new ruleset.