Sunday 30th May patrol games

• For anyone interested a few of us are going to be playing some 500pt combat patrol missions this coming sunday starting around 12.

We will be kicking off with something simple probably the eternal war incisive attack mission and keeping it to a single secondary objective so the scoring is easy and we can get a grip of the rules.

I will be bringing the cannon fodder aka Guard so if you fancy a game, or some shooting practice, let me know.

I have also been looking at the crusade system and if anyone would be interested. I thought it would be good to set up a 40k campaign for anyone who wanted to play games and develop a force over time based on how they fair over a series of games. If your interested let me know here or at the club on sunday.

• A few images of the Patrol games between the Guard and Wills Orks, with Will earning two well deserved victories.

There was some confusion in the first game as the first guard platoon reported seeing an 80's game show mascot advancing on their position.

Unfortunately for the Guard things were much worse, than realised and despite the Guard artillery finding it's mark in turn 3 game 1 was a resounding victory for the orks, with the only crumb of comfort being the escape of Brave Sir Robin the Guards company commander who sacrificed his troops in the name of the emperor and for self preservation.

In the second game things started much brighter for the guard and a force reorganisation by head quarters and deployment of a Hellhound saw the orks in trouble in the early turns.

Sensing victory the company commander stepped forward with his men a fatal mistake as the Ork warboss first smashed the troublesome Hellhound and then chased down the helpless humie commander to hand Will his second if somewhat closer victory.

Two great games, with many a raw recruit being krumped at the hands of the greenskins in

the name of the Emperor.