Moved back to wigan after 10 years

• Heya,

(Another) David here!

I grew up in central wigan but moved down south for uni and eventually a job. Circumstances have caused me to return to the homeland so I'm looking to make some new friends.

I am a dnd DM veteran, and would love to start a new campaign, but I also like playing board games of all variety. I especially like deck building games (not TCGs) and tactical games.

Warhammer and the like was always too expensive for my taste though.

I'll be turning up this Friday most likely, so looking forward to meeting some new people.

• Hello David, welcome back to The Promised Land!

Sunday’s are traditionally D&D night, with Mike running the latest 5ed campaign.

There are occasional one-off role playing sessions and it’s about time Friday night saw the return of Mouse Guard’s red patrol and their fumbling attempts to build a functioning wheelbarrow (and heroic owl-hunting).

There are a raft of various board games played (both Ameritrash [hooray!] and euro [boo]). Not much in the way of deck builders at the moment, I think we may have burned out on those.

Many minis games are played, from 40k to Pulp Alley to Dragon Rampant to Mutants and Death Ray Guns (this last in 15mm as it works out at 50p per mini).

We also have a Blood Bowl league, which is fun if you like watching me lose my mind at my inability to sensibly risk manage my dice.

There’ll be loads of stuff I haven’t remembered.

Welcome to the club.

Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons, and lost on the gallows, than have ever been enshrined in palaces.