Death at deathly hallows

• Pete, Dave and myself fought a 36 point match with my Francophile Empire facing off against the combined undead forces of Dave and Pete.

We also tried new cannon rules out, based on the old Warhammer cannon rules crossed with the field guns rules from Pikemans Lament.

We decided to split the armies into two wings with a commander each, my left flank commanded by the Comte D el Monte - leading my heavy cavalry he obviously rolled the coward trait preventing him from attacking....at least it was in character!!! Lady D winter- spell caster- t led my right mainly composed of infantry.

The undead made a change of tactics fielding numerous units of ravenous hordes. Pete commanding the right with Dave on the left, also in command of the catapult!!

Naturally power game Pete rolled to be the attacker!!

Pete moved his scouts up the flank towards the Comte, keeping to the trees.... many a failed activation led to a slow advance of the skeleton hordes. Dave fired the catapult but it fell short.

Stunningly I managed to activate almost every unit and began to advance .....hoping to reach firing range asap.

The francophile militia felt unnatural in line and formed two columns to keep my field of fire for the cannon open.....it actually fired killing (or should that be RE-killing) two skeletons. After both maneuvering around the Comte was charged by Pete's wolves....beating them off!! The militia paid for being in column with the catapult slicing through their rear rank killing three and breaking them.

The invisible bellicose ghosts managed to manoeuvre right in front of my lines forcing my dogs, light cavalry and scouts to attack them. Once again they proved difficult to shift.....at no point did I course my inability to shoot them!!!!

The resident Scotsman, McGregor, then piped up that my cannon had an excellent line of sight to fire into several of Dave's units......the Scottish curse struck and it promptly failed to fire.

With several failed activation rolls in both sides it became a slogging match. My militia unit has rallied but still in column......the catapult wiped it out with one shot!!!

I attempted to retaliate with the cannon but the Scottish curse was still in play and it misfired twice !!!!!

The large warbeast which had hidden most if the game now finally came into play, however I actually managed to shoot it several times and see it off before it rampaged towards D 'Winter.

Several more turns of shooting whittled the undead away and we called it a day with a clear victory, even With the Scottish curse hanging over them.

Dave's undead remain in-victorious!!!!

The large game played well as did the cannon rules, which I'm sure will be making more appearances in future games.....probably pikeman lament too