Posts by Ian S

Anyone free for a game on Sunday night? Dragon/Lion Rampant, Firefight, Gaslands, Castles in the Sky, Billy And Sons (A Billion Suns)

I know I've asked this before, but I just want to make sure before I lay out any money on something I can't use. I've seen this file and the pictures look like what I want, but what are my options for getting them printed once I've purchased the file? Are there services I can upload the file to (given the rather restrictive licensing) to get them printed? Or are these just for people who have their own printer?

https://wargamesatlantic.com/p…rence-and-the-arab-revolt

Some pics from the 4-handed game last Friday:

Dave's Destroyer Battlegroup jumps in accompanied by a brace of Light Utility Ships waiting to scoop up some Space Whale meat.

PXL-20230616-192543583.jpg

Who will weep for the Space Whales?

PXL-20230616-203509164.jpg

Space Whales giving as good as they got, to be fair, tearing bits off the destroyers with their Passive Tentacles.

PXL-20230616-203456520.jpg

PXL-20230616-215714778-MP.jpg

PXL-20230616-212303049-MP.jpg

Meanwhile... in Sector B. Atrocities abound as the inhabitants of the Planetoid-0451 take to their lifeboats in the face on an imminent Space Whale mauling and Rik's Corvettes open fire in an attempt to deny Dave the glory. More fortunate escapees on the dark side of the worldlet scurry into Nige's welcoming arms and he pockets the reward money to take the game.

Sorry, I won't be able to make it this Friday. I think I spoke to some people about a 4 headed ABS game, but I have to cry off.

The rule says no more than <whatever the scale is> at any one time, which we've been playing at 5. I don't think we've ever gone more than that, but that was more down to a lack of models (on my part anyway).

I got some more stuff from Brigade to make my EuroFed fleet a better fit for my ABS selections:

XbjVyfV

I got the freighters with the side-containers to use as Medium Utils and the tri-wing Star Wars shuttle looking ones for Light Utils. I also found the three-position fighter stand, which is sold separately in their accessories section, for some godforsaken reason.

Looking good! Although, I noticed the other day there is actually a rule that limits the number of utility ships to <scale>, which I hadn't noticed before. Which I think is a dumb rule and we should carry on playing it the way we have.

Unless there's some horrible unbalancing thing that happens if you swarm with utility ships, which I can't see myself, but who knows...

2YqvvFCR_o.jpg

The finale: With the extremely valuable anomaly called the Rhexis Pearl about to go unstable and be lost forever, two Frigates come through the jump gate and lay down a withering curtain of auxilliary blaster fire. Under cover of the guns, a battlegroup of Medium Utility ships braves the Rhexis storm to get their mag locks on the prize.

I love this game for the absolute scenes it makes. Here two Corvettes (top) and their fighter screen await the results of a Recon Wing's scans, hunting smugglers in a busy shipping lane when they're ambushed by three wings of Bryan's bombers looking to scoop the bounty. In the bottom right a utility ship offloads a heroic medical team returning from saving the space station from a virulent disease .

rbd5IiOP_o.jpg