Grimdark Onepages Rules Havoc Brothers Vs Feudal Guard - 040721

• Mitch, Will and I arrived early at the club this Sunday to try out the Grimdark one page Firefight rules. We went for a basic 750pts games to start with with Mitch using Feudal Guard (veteran Astra Militarium or what ever they call Imperial Guard these days!) and I used the Havoc Brothers (Black Legion Chaos) .

We blitzed through this first game start to finish in around an hour, not bad considering the game and armies were new to us.

After a short break to froth over Wills new Dominion Age of Sigmar set we went back and played another game this time at 1500pts.

Needless to say lots of lesson where learned about what combos work well in units and how not to deploy a Daemon champion and Terminators if you where me as I took a beating in the second game.

Both games flowed very quickly and referencing became minimal after the first 750pts game, which I appreciated a lot and i look forward to future games using the rules. 40K flavor without (IMHO) the faff!

• Two great games as you say Craig, although the chaos gods seemed to desert you and side with Will and his insanely strong Bullgryn.

A combination of their toughness and Wills ability to roll 6's to hit which may well require the commissar to take a close look at both as the taint of chaos may be upon them.

As you say the games both flowed quickly, and didn't require to much thinking, getting two games in of that size in 3hrs on a first run through was great and it was just as enjoyable as playing 40k if not more.

I think a big plus is the alternating unit activation which means you are not stood around for ages whilst your opponent moves a ton of models.

Definateley want to try out the human defence force list as I think that may enable many more of my guardsman to die in the name of the emperor as it should be.

• Enjoyed the day. Although I still think I will play 40k there is definitely plenty of room for this game.

Game runs quick and use whatever you want to make your forces is great.

No overthinking of the rules or army's makes for bigger games an option without the huge time to play.

I am also a fan of alternative activations in games.

Craig and Mitch set up ready for the game.

Chaos set up.

Imperial set up.

The "BULLY BOYS" Bullgryns doing what they do best.

Game two ,Bigger better stronger and even more "BULLY BOYS"

Did I say I love the "BULLY BOYS" Bullgryns.Her they are after destroying terminators and A deamon prince.

We've won the game Mitch put the dice down.

• Enjoyed the day. Although I still think I will play 40k

I was going to agree with you until my visit to the Warhammer Community Site and saw the announcement of a new book...….which includes a consolidation of the chaos rules...again…which presumably means no new codex for a while and/or the scribbles in my current codex also now being out of date.

I personally can't keep pace with the changes, I have definitely passed my 40K gaming prime :)