The March from Liverpool!

• On Sunday night the King's Lifeguard of Foote marched from Liverpool to take on Bryan's army resembling Essex's! Two weeks ago I agreed with Bryan to come over for the early open and run through a game of Pikeman's lament. With most of my army unfinished it was a tremendous push and effort to get them ready in two weeks, but I was so happy to see them all (near) done and on the table!

p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

We set up with a basic pitched battle and met in the middle of a small hamlet overlooked by a contended saxon church. Shotte took centre stage supported on either side by artillery, and in Bryan's case his Officer! Cavalry took to each flank, with Bryan's right side countered by a unit of Dragoons, and my unit of Prince Rupert's Regiment of Horse supported by my Colonel and a unit of Pike.

After several turns of stalling my Dragoons were soon mopped up by Bryan's Trotters and began to make their way to rear charge my Shotte. On the the other flank, Rupert's bravely and foolishly recreated history by wild charging Bryan's Cavalry, and chasing them off the board, never to make it back to the fight!

In an error of judgement, my Pike moved in to the centre, where they were decimated by a volley from Bryan's Shotte. My only real success in the centre was that my canon actually activated and fired unlike Bryan's! With that the unit waivered and losing my Officer meant a waivering army and more inevitably losing the battle! Bryan's trotters moved in, and though receiving a volley of fire, caused three quaters of my army to fall and thus ending the battle, and yet again remaining historically accurate with a Royalist defeat! Well played Bryan, thanks for the game!

I had so much fun on Sunday, and took great pleasure in seeing my army complete! Definitely will be looking to get more outings very soon!

Following on from the English Civil War, I was very grateful to be asked to join what could have been the concluding battle of the Jacobite Rebellion Campaign. Not wanting to ruin someone elses potential write up, i'll just add the few photos I managed to get of the game, and just pay my compliments both to Craig and Pete on two stunningly painted armies! Thanks all for letting me join in!