• Hello everyone!

I've just finished uni, started a job and I've moved to Wigan (Golborne specifically).

I'm interested in DMing (primarily OSR retroclone stuff like ACKS or maybe the new RuneQuest), loads of different kinds of wargaming (lately I've been looking at maybe some Greek-flavoured Frostgrave / Ghost Archipelago or ASoBaH) and the occasional board game.

Would there be any interest in these?

• Yo yo yo!

We do all of those. ASoBaH is a regular (in 15mm) along with its cousin Mutants and Death Ray Guns (also in 15mm).

We are about to announce some MADRG “campaigns in an evening”.

There has just kicked off a 25/28mm Frostgrave campaign (in its original icy setting) which I am holding up as I haven’t played my game yet (sorry Andy). There may well be a space in that (Andy may kick me out for being rubbish).

As for OSR stuff, I personally have a fondness for the basic DnD red box and own Lamentations of the Flame Princess (unplayed). But I’m not a regular roleplayer, so maybe the regulars could weigh in?

Lastly. Re: boardgames. We play them. A lot. Euros (Booooo!) and Ameritrash (Hooray!).

Welcome to the club.

Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons, and lost on the gallows, than have ever been enshrined in palaces.

• 15mm would be great as I definitely struggle with painting enough 28mm. Where do you usually buy 15mm post-apocalyptic miniatures from?

I like Adventurer Conqueror King System over LotFP as it's a nice blend of B/X D&D and some more modern sensibilities. It's also got a great flow from low level goblin stabber to high level king ruling a domain.

Thanks for the welcome! :D

• The usual sources for post-apocalyptic 15mm minis are Ground Zero Games, Ral Partha and Alternative Armies (they work out at around 50p each, so a MADRG warband is £2.50).

Usually sold in packs of 10-ish, Alternative Armies sell individual minis.

This half-painted flamethrower chap is from AA. We sometimes do bulk orders to save on postage.

Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons, and lost on the gallows, than have ever been enshrined in palaces.

• It’s not that bad on the eyes Pete, 15mm minis aren’t that much smaller that 25mm. Only about a centimetre I reckon.

• The Laserburn minis are great. I’ll speak to my good lady wife to see if I can play out this Friday. I’ll bring my post apocalyptic stuff.