New Game mats for the Club

• I have been in conversation with the folks at Pwork Games about their neoprene rubber gaming mats and what if any deals they will be running at this years Salute.

With the aim of spending some club funds and obtaining some new mats for us all to enjoy.

Therefore I'd like you to share your thoughts on what flavour Mats we should order.

They have asked that we let them know sooner rather than later as to which ones we want as they will be limited to what they are taking to salute.

We will be getting the benefit of Salute pricing and saving a fortune on postage as we can collect directly.

https://www.pworkwargames.com/en/18-neoprene-rubber

My sugestion thus far

Overlord

The Valley

Badlands

Cast you eyes over the site and add your reply below so we can choose which ones we order and send it off to them by this thursday at the latest.

Regards

Rick.

• One of the Blood Bowl ones would be good.

For wargaming, anything that doesn’t have “objects” on them (like roads, so any scale of mini can be used on them).

Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons, and lost on the gallows, than have ever been enshrined in palaces.

• I have been having a look and it seems on some of these are available as neoprene, whilst some are not.

The overlord is only available as pvc or cloth with the pac in 6x4 costing 54.50 euros. Whilst this looks really nice i am not convinced of its generic usefulness in getting bang for buck. Peter/Bryan/Steve you have all done costal based games would this be of anymore use than what the club already has?

The Valley, and Outlander are fairly generic green types and would be useful for most fantasy/historical gaming. These are available in neoprene at 69.90 euros each in the 6x4 format, Mike H has also mentioned a smaller 3x3 format that would be useful for RPG/15mm Gaming These cost 43.90 euros and the Woodland flavour mat could be useful for this.

The badlands is on offer as part of the arcade edition range, only comes on neoprene in 6x4 and is 59.42 euros. Definitely a sci-fi desert type mat, maybe good for gaslands?, the industrial ruins and dust town mats in this range also look nice.

The blood bowl mats are 21 euros each, i am not opposed to the club having a couple, they look like nice to haves, Alan do you have anything specific that have taken your eye? it looks like you could house rule the game conditions on some of them!

John I like the frost grave mat but the club already has two new 3x3 cloth mats for this from deep cut studios, not sure if we think we are going to need more than 2 tables setup at a time?

Price wise this company is comparable to deep cut studios, those the blood bowl pitches seem bit cheaper from PWorkWargames.

Now is everyones opportunity to through there tuppence worth in on this, if you think it is something the club should be investing in.

Just as a rough on the above before any discount Rik might be able to talk them into

Overlord 6 x 4 PVC/Vinyl €54.40

The Valley 6 x 4 Neoprene €69.90

Outlander 6 x 4 Neoprene €69.90

The Woodland 3 x 3 Neoprene €43.90

Arcade: The Badlands 6 x 4 Neoprene €59.42

Arcade: Industrial 6 x 4 Neoprene €59.42

Arcade: Dust Town 6 x 4 Neoprene €59.42

2 x BloodBowl Pitches €42.00

Total €458.36 or £392.73

The club currently has £1156 in the bank and has its rent paid until the end of March. Please keep in mind that the club holds funds in its accounts to cover lean membership times so we cannot have a free for all spending, but the club is open to purchasing items, it just needs to be discussed as per this topic and managed, currently by Andy.

I think the club updating its gaming club terrain regularly is not a bad idea, as long as people want it and it gets used.

Craig

• To follow on from Craig's post, the club's financial policy is to maintain sufficient funds to cover 6 months hall rental to ensure that, even in the case of extraordinary unexpected expense, the club will be able to continue operation.

Our current discretionary funds are approximately £300.

Alan - these Blood Bowl pitches are only available in PVC. I've had a bit of a dig around and I think there are better options available elsewhere, e.g. Deepcut Studio

• We have a ton of blood bowl pitches between us. I’d rather the club money spent on something we don’t have.

Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons, and lost on the gallows, than have ever been enshrined in palaces.

• Can you add an industrial ruins neoprene rubber 4 X 6 (122 X 183 CM) 69.90 EUROS to the order with a combat bag 5.90 EUROS for myself which I will pay for personally.

Other than that I like -

woodland

valley

deadlands

badlands

land of mars

outlander

• OK so this is how it looks currently

Non Club orders.

1 Woodland 6x4 Neoprene (Andy)

1 War Sands 6x4 Neoprene ( Andy)

2, Arcade Industrial ruins 6x 4 Neoprene (Will /Rick)

2, Badlands 3x4 Vinyl ( Shaun)

1, Arid Plain 6x4 Neoprene (Rick)

Club order

The Valley 6 x 4 Neoprene

Outlander 6 x 4 Neoprene

The Woodland 3 x 3 Neoprene

Arcade: The Badlands 6 x 4 Neoprene

Arcade: Dust Town 6 x 4 Neoprene

TOTAL order

1 Woodland 6x4 Neoprene

1 War sands 6x4 Neoprene

1 The Valley 6 x 4 Neoprene

1 Outlander 6 x 4 Neoprene

1 The Woodland 3 x 3 Neoprene

1 Arcade: The Badlands 6 x 4 Neoprene

2 Arcade: Industrial Ruins 6 x 4 Neoprene

1 Arcade: Dust Town 6 x 4 Neoprene

1 Arid plain 6 x 4 Neoprene

2 Badlands 3 x 4 Vinyl

• I'll email the list to Pwork, and they will send a manual invoice, once I have that then I will update you all, but yes I will need the funds.

EMAILING PWORK with the Order, Any more for any more, FINAL call for the mat train, Sending the email by Midnight tonight.

• I Have heard back from P work

The vast majority are in stock except.

Snip email

Regarding your wishlist, we will have everything @Salute except:

1 Outlander 6 x 4 Neoprene
    1 Arcade: The Badlands 6 x 4 Neoprene
    2 Arcade: Industrial Ruins 6 x 4 Neoprene
    1 Arcade: Dust Town 6 x 4 Neoprene
    2 Badlands 3 x 4 Vinyl

So, our proposal would be: would you be open to switch with standard edition the Arcade mats? With Salute discount the difference in pricing is very low (62.50€ vs 56€), and quality difference is just that the standard edition has more realistic colors but still very vivid.
    If so we would miss only Outlander mat + 3x4 vinyl mats for which we would keep Salute discount (consider 33€ each for vinyl 3x4) and could exceptionally arrange a free shipment, considering the total order.

(@Salute we will not have any vinyl mat, we will have alternatives for Outlander artwork, if you want I can tell you which we will have at Salute)

If you want to keep the list as it is, no problem! But for what we will have to ship unfortunately we must charge 31.90€ shipping cost for UK (we actually pay more than that).

Regarding bags, they are not included in the mat price, we will have them @Salute, discounted at 5.00€ each.

So if we swap out the arcade mats and Shaun has a 6x4 neoprene Badlands and gets his stanley knife out we would only miss out on a badlands

So who wants bags ?

• Hey Rik - I think you mean it is the Outlander that we would miss out on. The Badlands would be the standard, rather than Arcade version.

Do they have a graphic for the proposed alternative for Outlander?

Alternatively just bump the Woodland up to a 6x4 and go for a 3x3 Outlander (they both serve roughly similar purposes)

As before, 2 bags for the club should be sufficient.

I'll also take 2 bags.

• latest email

Hi Rick!

Alternative to Outlander we would suggest North Pass (https://www.pworkwargames.com/…_vinyl/6-size-3x3_92x92cm), a great design.
    What do you think?

For the 3x4 honestly we do not recommend at all to cut neoprene mats, too difficult and the result would be poor. If it’s only those 2 we are happy to ship them for free to the club after the event, no worries.

Total quote would be:
    9 x 62,50€ (neoprene 4x6) + 6 x 5,00€ (bags) + 39,50€ (neoprene 3x3) + 2 x 33€ (vinyl 3x4) = 698€
    All correct?

Let us know about Outlander swap, then if you confirm the order we can send you the invoice, you can pay with PayPal or bank transfer.
    And let us know the delivery address of the club!

Many thanks & Best regards
    Paola