2017 Champions Crowned!

• After a short and arduous season, Average Joes captured the 2017 Wigan Bowl crown in the absence of anyone else actually bothering to pull their fingers out to try and win.

Yes, Darren’s human all-lineman/8 re-roll abomination went unbeaten, much to the chagrin of, well, just me actually (probably because Darren did a Darren and thought of a way to annoy me AND win at the same time).

As the Joes celebrations went on into the night, The Accident & Emergency fans were left to rue what might have been, as they slowly roasted their head coach, Andy, over the lava pit beneath their stadium. Indeed, when his burns heal, he will be forced to wear The Brown Underpants of Shame.

2017 Honours:

Champions: Average Joes
    Most exciting team: Thin Lizzies (3.5 TDs per game)
    Brown Underpants of Shame: Andy

Round 1

Accident & Emergency 1-1 Thin Lizzies
    Average Joes 2-1 Low & Slow
    Glorious PieKings 3-0 Milky Biscuits
    Mhaenal Mincers 2-0 Dallas Ratboys
    Rotting All-Stars – Bye

Round 2

Average Joes 3-1 Glorious PieKings
    Accident & Emergency 0-1 Rotting All-Stars
    Thin Lizzies 2-2 Mhaenal Mincers
    Dallas Ratboys 4-1 Low & Slow
    Milky Biscuits – BYE

Round 3

Average Joes 2-0 Rotting All-Stars
    Mhaenal Mincers 2-2 Glorious PieKings
    Thin Lizzies 2-1 Dallas Ratboys
    Milky Biscuits 2-0 Accident & Emergency
    Low & Slow – BYE

Round 4

Average Joes 2-0 Mhaenal Mincers
    Thin Lizzies 4-1 Milky Biscuits
    Glorious PieKings 0-1 Low & Slow
    Rotting All-Stars 2-2 Dallas Ratboys
    Accident & Emergency – BYE

Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons, and lost on the gallows, than have ever been enshrined in palaces.

• @ Darren: I was making a glorious trophy but Joann’s dad being unwell put the kibosh on me finishing it.

@ Andy: Your player’s underpants are red. Your underpants are brown. Shamefully brown.

Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons, and lost on the gallows, than have ever been enshrined in palaces.