Irish legion vs real scots

• a late report of another rebels and Patriots battle. Andy and Aggresive Davina fielded a highland force supported by a unit of Spanish hussars.

Meanwhile I joined "watch me roll a one" Craig and his Irish legion and Swiss troops.

The objective was to hold a church , naturally I was off to a bad start already!

After some bickering between Generalissimo McGregor and Davina they advanced towards a central hill. The hussars in their flash emerald uniforms moved to draw the French chasseurs towards the flank.

The Highlanders managed to get to the hill and after some gentle persuasion from the Generalissimo Davina secured the church.

Meanwhile Craig managed to advance the Irish legion to within firing range. The swiss, covered by voltigeurs, advanced on the church. The chasseurs swept Jose and his hussars away......things were looking promising for the French.

The swiss, despite numerous failed activation rolls, whittled the Highlanders in the church down and broke the Highland light company. The voltigeurs proved themselves to be a solid bunch.... clearly they were all German recruits to the Irish Legion. However the Chasseurs managed to hover in the killing zone of Highlanders grenadier company and were shot up as a result. But surely the large unit of Irish legion would see off the Grenadiers... afterall they could out shoot the grenadier company......alas Craig decided that it would be a good time to demonstrate how he could fail more activation rolls than even Dave!!!

Despite the successful shooting from the Swiss the game ended before the French could take the church!!

A disappointing British victory, but fun game all the same and several learning points to take away from it.......Clearly Craig should be painting up more units 🤣🤣👍👍.