Fri 27th Mutants and Death Ray Guns

• Tomorrow evening (27th), Dave, Rik and I are test-driving some scenarios for the “Campaign in an Evening” events we have lined up. Would anyone like to join us?

It’s 15mm post-apocalyptic Mutant mayhem, with the odd piano falling out of the sky to kill you.

Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons, and lost on the gallows, than have ever been enshrined in palaces.

• It was good to meet you Rob, and the campaign tweaking is an ongoing thing until it runs smoothly and each battle is under 45 minutes.

Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons, and lost on the gallows, than have ever been enshrined in palaces.

• I think maybe a game flowchart would work best. I'll have a go at doing one in a bit if I can find the time.

I think game start is pretty much:

Game Start -> Determine Defender / Attacker via Roll Off (Higher Roll Decides) -> Defender sets up terrain -> Attacker decides which board edge he's starting on -> Defender deploys on opposite side -> Attacker deploys -> Roll off for first turn (highest roll goes first)

And then after that:

Select model -> Select number of dice to roll (1-3 dice) -> If 2 or more failures and no successes then play passes to opponent -> For every success, model gets an action -> For every failure, opponent gets a reaction roll -> Back to select model

There's obviously other sub systems (melee and ranged combat) but these are the game set up and then action flow I think.

• It’s: if 2 failures, opponent decides whether to take them as reactions or force a turnover (after any successful activations are performed).

Other than that, you’re bang on.

Only models within 2xLong and LOS can react.

• None planned, Paul and I have got our Frostgrave game, Mike and Scott are playing Blood Bowl, Rik is dismantling a couch (!) and I don’t know about Dave.