Interested in Getting Involved in an RPG? Post Your Interest Here.

• Hey guys,

Post here if you’re a player or a GM looking to get involved in a new RPG.

This should then serve as a pool of players to arrange sessions/groups.

Just let us know what you fancy getting involved in, or if you are pretty flexible (no, not like that!)

• I’m up for playing pretty much anything, all this talk of RPGs has had me looking through what systems I’ve got and I fancy having another try at running Edge of the Empire and the one set in the Warmachine universe.

• I’m more into the mechanics than the setting. Any GMs care to share what they like about the systems they run? And what sets them apart?

Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons, and lost on the gallows, than have ever been enshrined in palaces.

• I've been playing D&D 5e for about three years now but the majority of my experience has come from online games. I would LOVE to find a group to play with in person either as a DM or a player!

As a DM, I have a homebrew campaign setting I could run, as well as the Lost Mines of Phandelver story that is intended for new players. If enough new players wanted to get involved I'd probably also buy the new Essential's Kit to run a bigger game!

Anyone interested?

• I’m more into the mechanics than the setting. Any GMs care to share what they like about the systems they run? And what sets them apart?

I usually get pulled in by the setting, though I do quite like the dice mechanic in the Fantasy Flight Star Wars game. You don’t just succeed or fail a roll, there’s a chance for an advantage / disadvantage to come up. So you might succeed in attacking a stormtrooper but also roll a disadvantage which may put you in a vulnerable position to a counter attack.

Adventurer Conqueror King System: Allows the player growth from worthless pleb to conquering hero to ruling king in a really smooth manner. Also has a Player's Companion which offers full class creation rules and a Heroic Fantasy Handbook supplement which offers rules that support playing in settings like Hyboria and Middle-Earth. My usual choice for crunchy standard fantasy, campaigns usually play like the Black Company or Malazan rather than Forgotten Realms.

RuneQuest - Adventures in Glorantha: Bronze age fantasy and a British classic. Inspired Morrowind's d100 skill-based system. Setting and rules are really tightly intertwined and it makes a cohesive experience. The worst thing about it is that the setting is 40k levels of complex and so it's nearly impossible to get into. Characters basically play as bronze age characters like Gilgamesh or Achilles with both combat and magical abilities.

• I’m going to condense what everyone wants to play and who wants to GM into a nice, easy to read table.

Later.

When I get a minute.

Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons, and lost on the gallows, than have ever been enshrined in palaces.