Blood for the Blood Bowl - Wait No.. Actually just more newbie questions

• :/ Hmm.

Just before I stopped at CACK & moved into my building site/house I was given a hard copy of The Living Rule Book V6.0 - shown here with the new models. I have literally played 2 tasters. It can take me a while to get going with a new game.

I opened up the re-released box i got before Xmas last night.

It also looks like there's a significant base size increase, and the gaming board is thus significantly bigger.

Unless I'm imagining things my LR 6.0 has a subtle difference from the Tournament pack listed here:

Under Tournaments you only have 2 sections -

I also have The Spike/Magazine Trophy/The Dungeon Bowl/The Chaos Cup/The Blood Bowl/Other Tournaments

1) Other than page numbering at a quick scan it otherwise reads the same. Would someone kindly confirm for me when I'm down in a few weeks?

2) What base size should I use?

3) What pitch size are you using? Bit frustrated tbh that the pitch looks so much bigger than I remember.

4) FInally one - is it worth me reading the new rule packs - have they really changed anything from LR 6.0?

I have some Kromlech Orc Football Helments somewhere - and I was looking to make my own custom Ork Models - anything that would be preferred to make it clear which is which position - other than labelling it on the base? :S

And no I wasn't supposed to be building Blood Bowl just yet - but see Bonus Round II for why...

{BONUS ROUND I - GW Rant!}

They packed the wrong water transfers - I got an Elven Union Transfer Sheet!?! Not the Game Box transfers (pictured from my mates box) - angry email sent. Ming is not amused. :evil:

{BONUS ROUND II - Getting People Gaming}

I new I had one friend who had the 2016 boxed set in a cupboard as I helped him clear his house a little after his mum died last year. He came round last night and for the first time in over 20 years - made some models!? He's just sent me a tank you text this morning for the inspiration to 'just do it!'.

So I should thank you guys too for letting me scratch my orky itch.

But prior to that in the afternoon I visited an old beer bud - and he got Mk.I (Cardboard edition!?!?!) & Mk.II Blood Bowl (Wobbly Foam Board Edition) boxes in MINT condition from his attic... plus a MINT Dungeon Bowl Box (!!!!!) - which I've never even seen in the flesh. :love:

Ming is VERY pleased with his Karma yesterday!

So I might practise with my two mates if all goes well - before I take on you pros.. :thumbup:

1. It's essentially the same. Al will confirm any significant variances.
    2. Don't worry about that too much. I still play with my 2nd Edition minis.
    3. Mostly 3rd & 4th Edition pitches. 4th is a bigger pitch.
    4. We're still using LRB 6.0, with new rules for MVP. Check out the Blood Bowl forum pages to see any other changes.

Re custom orcs, you can just colour code the armour (per 2nd Edition colour scheme)

• White Thrower
    • Red Blitzer
    • Grey Lineman
    • Green Blocker

And with skills or AG improvement you could also have

• Yellow Catcher
    • Black Kicker

Most of the guys are very gentle to newcomers so don't worry about diving in sooner rather than later.

• 1. Appreciated - I suspect I'm right and they are the same

2. Ahh.. colouring - thats a great tip. Leg-end. You have a linky to a refernce source? My google-fu just failed me..

3. I'll use 25mm bases for my customs - but I'll leave these modern ones as they are then. Sadly the new size pitch takes over my round table at home :(

4. No problem - I'm using painting/building them with one mate to give him some company - and the other we'll see if he gets the hobby bug and comes down. Though for him it's probably better he focuses on finding a female partner and not more 'yucky boyish hobbies' to put potential women off him :p

The only concern left is working distances - the 2016 box has a ruler.. where as LRB 6.0 just uses that spread grid.

No tape measures needed I was told.

Re: Actual Game

I've been told there's loan squads upstairs - I'll try and book a game in in two weeks just to start learning all over again.

• Hi Ming. Sorry for my extended absence from the forum everyone.

Andy has already answered your questions, but to clarify.

1. LRB 6.0 is what we use. If you have the version with the occasional red paragraph, that’s the one we use; we don’t use the paragraph about the bank, but everything else we do.

2. Base size doesn’t matter. Those with the larger 32mm bases have invested in a larger pitch. The number of squares is the same so it makes no difference to gameplay.

3. As with 2, the pitch dimensions make little difference as the number of squares is identical. The passing ruler has been scaled up for the new pitches so it’s all the same.

4. As Andy said, we’re introducing the rules piecemeal, so currently we’re using the MVP rule, the winter and subterranean weather tables, and a heavily modified version of the stadium rules (for home advantage).

Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons, and lost on the gallows, than have ever been enshrined in palaces.

• 1. LRB 6.0 is what we use. If you have the version with the occasional red paragraph, that’s the one we use; we don’t use the paragraph about the bank, but everything else we do.

Excellent - my book will be fine then.

2. Base size doesn’t matter. Those with the larger 32mm bases have invested in a larger pitch. The number of squares is the same so it makes no difference to gameplay.

Phew...I actually haze my eye on some non-GW Lizards...

3. As with 2, the pitch dimensions make little difference as the number of squares is identical. The passing ruler has been scaled up for the new pitches so it’s all the same.

Ah.. different pitch different ruler. Makes logical sense tbh.

4. As Andy said, we’re introducing the rules piecemeal, so currently we’re using the MVP rule, the winter and subterranean weather tables, and a heavily modified version of the stadium rules (for home advantage).

Have I seen that somewhere here?

As I've almost finished my promise of my self to paint Da Orks - I have busted out the BB set - and have two friends who have also expressed a BB interest - I think geeking out at a club may be a little far for them.... for now.

• Played two Blood Bowl games yesterday for first time in 3 years - lost both of them, but had a lot of fun.

So no change there.

Didn't use any of advanced rules, money of fan factors - but I think that's all the move, dodge,block,pass,blitz & skill issues worked out again - It's the first 16 pages of the book covered anyways.

If I get chance I'll spray some more models up later

• It’s not the winning that matters, it’s the taking apart of your victims that counts.

Glad you had fun Shaun, a couple more practise games and you’ll be good enough to win our pitiful league!

Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons, and lost on the gallows, than have ever been enshrined in palaces.