Frostgrave Wizards Sign Up

• With a kick off on Friday please use this thread to confirm your intent to take part and some initial detail (Wizard name is sufficient). If you need help coming up with a warband there is a Warband Creator which will make it a bit easier for you.

The campaign rules permit late entrants so it's never too late to get involved.

Player Wizard Name Wizard School
    Craig Prince Insema Soul Stealer
    Theurgist Assassin, Knowing Exalted Resurrectionist
    Necromancer
    Andy Mac Lady Chatterly Thaumaturge
    Dave Harad Grumpygutts Elementalist
    Rik Lord Erelius Elementalist
    Craig Scott Ezahr Dunkelwasser Elementalist
    John Oriana Oathbreaker Enchanter
    Paul Magesto tbc
    Pete Mona Gibberswell Witch
    Alan tbc tbc
    Martin Alastor the Blue Illusionist
    Bryan tbc tbc
    Ste (Skragger) tbc tbc
    Chris/Steve tbc tbc
    Glenn tbc tbc
  • Pah! I laugh in the general direction of a teeny dwarf trying to master the secrets of the elements. There will be only one Elemental master that will discover the treasures that he seeks and it is I, Erelius and my apprentice Adarin.

• I'll use the eccentric, vile tempered, witch Mona Gibberswell as my wizard. With her number of teeth in inverse proportion to her advancing years she may rembember some of her spells but then again she may just come out with a lot of gibbering. Her pungent odour should however see her safe from most attackers.

Her young apprentice is the altogether more fragrant Luna Cyklz.

Mona has travelled to the frozen city from the far north with her barbarian based warband for one last opportunity to use her powers to gain treasure.

• I’ll be chucking a warband in (they may be a combination of necromunda and blood bowl minis, but their hearts are in the right place - on the points of their enemies swords).

I’ll pinch the rules from the club next Friday and reread them if that’s ok?

Better lives have been lived in the margins, locked in prisons, and lost on the gallows, than have ever been enshrined in palaces.

• Really enjoyed the test game last night with Daves snow camo figures. Thank Andy for explaining the rules to me an Dave. Was a good even game with lots of big moments.

lessons learned...

• You can do more damage to yourself with spells than the Enemy (Especially with mine and Daves throws)
    • Men at arms are tough. Well one of mine was...Slicing through Daves warband before being finally felled by Daves Archer
    • Archers can kill Wizards!
  • Hey Martin the Frostgrave base rulebook (Amazon would be cheapest unless you can get on on eBay), a wizard figure, an apprentice wizard figure, then 8 other figures to make up your warband.

You can get two sprues of Frostgrave infantry from eBay for about £12 and a wiz/app pack from North Star Games for £6.

Failing that have you got any fantasy figures knocking about? Pretty much anything goes