Getting Started & Support

• Hey guys,

So we’ve got a new forum on a new platform and I’m sure that’s going to mean some teething problems for us all. So if there is something you would like to be able to do and you can’t figure out how to do it this is the place to ask.

Conversely, if you see someone asking how to do something and you do know how then please jump in and help them out. I’m sure that, together, we’ll all quickly become comfortable in our new home.

Okay, so here are a couple of best practices and how-to’s to get us started.

[li]Security Checks
      I've erred on the side of caution with putting security checks in place to minimise the risk of bots signing up. Don't worry, you only need to pass the security checks at registration and then for your first post/message.[/li]
      [li]Names
      Now that you’ve registered (you have registered haven’t you?) your username is fixed but you can change the name that everyone else sees. Go to Profile -> Account Settings -> Name
      To keep it simple for everyone please set this to the name you go by in the club, rather than your internet handle
      You can also include your internet handle if you wish by going to Profile -> Forum Profile -> Custom Title and inserting it there. It will appear below your name on your profile when you post.
      See my profile to the left for how this looks.[/li]
      [li]Club Events
      One of the nice elements of this new forum is the ability to create events and have people register to indicate that they’ll be coming along. Along with events that you may wish to set up yourself there will be an event created for every Game Night and All-Dayer. By registering your planned attendance we can ensure that no-one is left worrying that they’ll turn up with nobody to play with.
      Registering is a matter of a couple of clicks with the opportunity to say if you’re coming down for a pre-arranged game or are bringing a new game to try out etc, so please remember to let everyone else know when you’ll be at the club.[/li]
      [li]Posting images
      There are a couple of ways to do this. If image is already online somewhere you can simply click the Insert Image button (far left, immediately above the emojis) and paste the link between the img tags. For images you want to upload there is a PostImage button immediately below the text window. This will upload your image to their servers and create a link to it for you in your post.[/li]
      [li]Posting videos and other links
      Embedded links to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter etc should all just work. Give a shout out if you have difficulty with these.[/li]
      [li]Posting attachments
      At the bottom of the post screen is the option to upload attachments to our server. All attachments, including images, will appear in the footer of your post. Use this if you have rules crib sheets or guides that you want to share.[/li]