Cavalry clash at Flush Hollow

• Dave and myself played a 24 point battle using the patrol scenario from the book, we both agreed to take fully mounted armies to represent two scouting parties stumbling into each other.

I fielded 3 units of aggressive gallopers and two units of elite gallopers led by the almost heroic Mungo.

In an uncharacteristic move Dave took two units of elite trotters one led by Prince Maurice weasel of the Rhine and three units of aggressive gallopers.

The mission was to get your units off the opposite table corner.....me and Dave knew that this was probably not going to happen.

Showing his tactical prowess Mungo blocked Maurice's line of advance and began a flank march on the trotters.

Some very tactical moves ensued to tempt wild charges , Mungo taking the bait and wiping out one of the cavalier units.......leaving himself unsupported in the heart of the Royalists.

The trotters on the flank clearly deployed papist sorcery to fend off repeated charges but gallopers, eventually destroying Mungo's unit with him skulking off with saddle sores!!!

Dave started to crow in victory but after repeated charges and counter charges Maurice remembered his true colours and failed a morale test after seeing another unit destroyed, true to form he does the field.

The game came down to a couple of final charges and ultimately Dave's last unit of trotters eventually failed their moral test for being the last unit on the board.

Mungo took heart at this glorious result before retiring to the apocothary for some ointment for his saddle sores.

Rumours are that Maurice was suffering from a nasty case of boils in a sensitive spot and was last seen asking for leeches!!!

Another good game. Unfortunately I didn't get any photos,but Rik took some excellent shots of Mungos brilliance. I'm sure he'll post them shortly